English teacher interested in art – Thursday+Friday mornings
We are looking for an English teacher to conduct art-related speaking activities with large groups of children and teens (up to 25 kids, ages 6-14) in a busy museum setting.
The activities revolve around 20th century art, but there are no hands-on arts and crafts involved, so you don’t need to be an artist yourself!
Schedule: THURSDAY and FRIDAY MORNINGS, 10am-11,15am (on days with a single session) or 10am-12,30am (on days with a double session).
Commitment: you must be available from 20th February to early May 2020
All sessions last about an hour, require relatively little preparation and take place in central Barcelona. You will be paid 30€/activity. We are looking for AUTÓNOM@S or teachers who can invoice through a coop (only if they are already registered with one).
This position would be ideal for somebody who already has a consistent volume of work in the afternoons and is looking for extra hours in the mornings.
Please apply ONLY if you meet ALL of the following requirements:
• You’re native/totally bilingual
• You already live in Barcelona
• You’re already working and you would like a few extra hours in the mornings
• You’re autonom@/ registered with a coop and currently able to produce invoices
• You are 100% available on the days and timeslots outlined above
• You have an ESL certificate (CELTA/TESOL/TEFL) or other relevant qualification
• You have experience working with groups of children and teens and you love it
• You’re interested in 20th century art. It’s not about knowledge, it’s about attitude – you need to have an open mind and be enthusiastic, curious and willing to learn more.
Please apply using this link: https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/CP5FQD3 AND send us your CV AND A COVER LETTER telling us why you’re excited about this position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by 31st January and the successful candidate will receive paid training in late January/early February.