EFL Teacher Required in Marbella, MALAGA
We are currently looking to recruit two enthusiastic EFL Teacher to start in September 2022. Experience with teaching General English and Cambridge exam classes to young learners, teenagers and adults is necessary. The position is for native-level speaking English teachers with CELTA or equivalent, preferably a degree, and 1 year experience.
Salary: 1400 euros NET + contract. (Summer school in July optional)
"ADVANCE Language School" is situated in Marbella, Andalucia in Southern Spain. Being one of the leading schools in the area, we have an excellent reputation for offering a high standard of language education and are continually striving to achieve the best possible results.. We are also a Cambridge and Trinity exam centre and our learners take their official exams at our school.
The teaching will be made up of 60% young learner/teenager classes and 40% adult classes. The majority of our students prepare for the Cambridge exams starting at 7 years old with "Starters, Movers and Flyers" and go on to take other Cambridge Main Suite exams at A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 levels. Therefore, experience with Cambridge Exams is necessary. We also provide General English and Business English classes to adults and professionals.
The main duties include:
- Prepare and plan classes incorporating a communicative approach to teaching.
- Teach 24 hours per week at a variety of levels from beginner through to upper intermediate/advanced levels.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development training sessions.
Teachers at ADVANCE Language School can take advantage of:
- professional training sessions to help develop their teaching skills.
- workshops and on-going training.
- formal and peer observations.
- Qualifications: CELTA or TESOL
- 1 year classroom teaching experience
- Experience with Young Learners and Cambridge exams valued.
- EU national/valid work permit or TIE
- University degree is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Spanish to B1 level is an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary of 1400 euros NET
- All local and national holidays paid including 10 days at Christmas and 5 days at Easter.
- 9 month renewable contract with possibility of working in summer school in July.
- Social Security paid.
- Help finding accommodation and getting residency documents. (We have a list of landlords/landladies and the rent per month for a studio or one bedroomed apartment is usually between 500/550 euros.)