Teachers of Italian language for the month of July 2022!
Abbey Road is seeking dynamic individuals with strong academic and teaching credentials to serve as instructors of Italian language for our international programs in Florence, Italy. Subjects include foreign languages - Italian and implementing the academic curriculum. They work with the rest of the program staff and share responsibility for student supervision, mentoring and directing program activities.
- Create lesson plans based on the Experiential Learning Method and research the host community to determine locations for lessons and class discussions.
- Teach all regularly scheduled classes and extra tutoring as needed.
- Evaluate and grade students in a timely manner. Provide each student with written feedback and documentation of their grade midway through and at the end of the program.
- Communicate with the group leader about any student problems in the classroom or regarding the program in general.
- Initiate, organize and supervise students during various program activities and events, such as trips, excursions, recreational activities, cultural events, nights out, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Italian language.
- More than 3 years of teaching experience.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Ability to inspire and share your passion for the subject matter with your students.
- Ability to teach in an interactive and experiential way, using innovative ideas and methods.
Type of employment: Full-time, temporary
Accommodation: During the period of actual employment
Airfare: Group flight from the airport to the program site
Salary: 2,000 to 2,300 EUR per month