EFL Teacher Required in Marbella for Mid-Jan 2023
We are currently looking to recruit one more enthusiastic EFL Teacher to start on Monday 9 January 2023. Experience with teaching General English and Cambridge exam classes to young learners, teenagers and adults is necessary. The position is for native-level speaking English teachers with CELTA or equivalent, preferably a degree, and 1 year experience.
Salary: 1400 euros gross.
"ADVANCE Language School" is situated in Marbella, Andalucia in Southern Spain. Being one of the leading schools in the area, we have an excellent reputation for offering a high standard of language education and are continually striving to achieve the best possible results. We have around 400 students in total and teach young learners aged from 6 years old, teenagers and adults. "ADVANCE Language school" is also a Cambridge and Trinity exam centre and our learners take their official exams at our school.
The teaching will be made up of 70% young learner/teenager classes and 30% adult classes. The majority of our students prepare for the Cambridge exams starting at 7 years old with "Starters, Movers and Flyers" and go on to take other Cambridge Main Suite exams at A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 levels. Therefore, experience with Cambridge Exams is necessary.
The main duties include:
- Prepare and plan classes incorporating a communicative approach to teaching.
- Teach 24 hours per week at a variety of levels from beginner through to upper intermediate/advanced levels.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development training sessions.
Teachers at ADVANCE Language School can take advantage of:
- professional training sessions to help develop their teaching skills.
- workshops and on-going training.
- Qualifications: CELTA or TESOL
- 1 year classroom teaching experience
- Experience with Young Learners and Cambridge exams valued.
- EU national/valid work permit or TIE
- University degree is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Spanish to B1 level is an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary of 1400 euros gross
- 6 month renewable contract with possibility of working in summer school in July.
- Social Security paid.
- Help finding accommodation and getting residency documents. (We have a list of landlords/landladies and the rent per month for a studio or one bedroomed apartment is usually between 500/550 euros.)