EFL Teacher Required in Marbella for January 2024
EFL Teacher Required in Marbella, MALAGA for January 2024
We are currently looking to recruit a pro-active and native-level speaking EFL teacher to start in January 2024.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary of 1400 euros net
- All local and national holidays paid including 10 days at Christmas and 5 days at Easter.
- 9 month renewable contract with possibility of working in summer school in July.
- Social Security paid.
- Help finding accommodation and getting residency documents. (We have a list of landlords/landladies and the rent per month for a studio or one bedroomed apartment is usually between 550/600 euros or sharing an apartment for 350€/month.)
"ADVANCE Language School" is situated in Marbella, Andalucia in Southern Spain. Being one of the leading schools in the area, we have an excellent reputation for offering a high standard of language education and are continually striving to achieve the best possible results. "ADVANCE Language school" is also a Cambridge exam centre.
The teaching will be made up of 65% young learner/teenager classes and 35% adult classes. The majority of our students prepare for the Cambridge exams starting at A2 level and go on to take other Cambridge Main Suite exams at A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 levels. Therefore, experience with Cambridge Exams is necessary. We also provide General English and Business English classes to adults and professionals.
Students are taught in groups with a maximum class size of 9 students although teachers may also teach some one-2-one classes.
The main duties include:
- Prepare and plan classes incorporating a communicative approach to teaching.
- Teach 24 hours per week at a variety of levels from beginner through to upper intermediate/advanced levels.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development training sessions.
Teachers at ADVANCE Language School can take advantage of:
- professional training sessions to help develop their teaching skills.
- being supported from experienced academic staff (DoS)
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional teachers.
- workshops and on-going training.
- formal and peer observations.
- Qualifications: CELTA or TESOL
- 1 year classroom teaching experience
- Experience with Young Learners and Cambridge exams valued.
- EU national/valid work permit or TIE
- University degree is preferred.