Teach English and German in a School in Madrid
Teach English and German in a school in Spain: new opening in Madrid! Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Receive a monthly pay, certified teaching related training, valuable experience in a school, ongoing in-country support, and the opportunity to explore a country. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games.
- Deadline: candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP or at least before May 10th 2019
- Program length (academic year in Spain): Sept./Oct. 2019 to May/June 2020
Selected candidate will
• Receive a monthly pay: 1227€ per month (depending on the amount of teaching hours/week)
• Join a Spanish school to cooperate as a German language assistant with 20 teaching hours per week, starting in September 12th 2019 until June 11th 2020, with the same holidays as the school.
• Get initial training and teacher workshops.
• Receive foreign languages-teaching related certified course, given by a Spanish university (paid by the programme).
• Paid school holidays (except for the summer period).
• Get help with the process and opening a bank account.
• Have ongoing in-country support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas.
• Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
• Enjoy paid school holidays (except for summer period).
• School is located in Madrid
• Full cover to the National Health insurance.
• No fees attached
The Role of a Language Assistant
A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
Desirable candidate profile
• Native-level German speaker
• Advanced English skills (C1)
• Recent university graduates (obtained after 2015)
• No previous teaching experience needed (but valued)
• Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
• Energetic and creative
• Competence in the Spanish language is not required
• No criminal records