Teach English and German in a School in Madrid
Teach English and German in a school in Spain: new opening in Madrid! Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Receive a monthly pay, certified teaching related training, valuable experience in a school, ongoing in-country support, and the opportunity to explore a country. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games.
This is a serious and structured program with no fees, which enables participants to teach English in Spain and gain international experience.
Interested candidates must be recent graduates and native level English speakers with advanced German skills (C1 or C2); as from 25 teaching hours, 20 are in English and 5 in German.
- Deadline: candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP or at least before May 24th 2019
- Program length (academic year in Spain): Sept./Oct. 2019 to May/June 2020
Selected candidate will
• Receive a monthly pay: 1227€ per month (depending on the amount of teaching hours/week)
• Join a Spanish school to cooperate as a German language assistant with 25 teaching hours per week, starting in September 12th 2019 until June 11th 2020, with the same holidays as the school.
• Get initial training and teacher workshops.
• Receive foreign languages-teaching related certified course, given by a Spanish university (paid by the programme).
• Paid school holidays (except for the summer period).
• Get help with the process and opening a bank account.
• Have ongoing in-country support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas.
• Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
• Enjoy paid school holidays (except for summer period).
• School is located in Madrid
• Full cover to the National Health insurance.
• No fees attached
Desirable candidate profile
• Native-level German speaker
• Advanced English skills (C1)
• Recent university graduates (obtained after 2015)
• No previous teaching experience needed (but valued)
• Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
• Energetic and creative
• Competence in the Spanish language is not required
• No criminal records