Head of English Department
We are looking for a Head of English whose mission is to implement, promote and supervise the bilingualism project of the school, as well as to train and appraise the English teaching staff in accordance with the school strategic plan to guarantee the academic and linguistic excellence of the school.
1. Setting of the highest standards in their area of expertise and implement strategies that lead to their achievement.
2. Planning, organising and promotion of the English academic events and activities that will allow to enforce the school English project.
3. Implementation, supervision and evaluation of teaching methodologies, resources, materials and books to ensure that teachers use effective and approved methods.
4. Implementation, supervision and follow up on the Cambridge International program as well as the Cambridge level official exams to ensure the highest quality and appropriate development of the bilingualism program in the school.
5. Supporting key stage coordinators in the evaluation of the students' performance in those subjects delivered in English.
6. Development of academic programs and the necessary approach to ensure their proper deployment. Follow up and reporting results of the bilingual project to ensure its continuous improvement.
7. Hiring, supervising and follow-up of English teaching staff to ensure the achievement of the objectives established in the school project.
8. Assisting key stage coordinators in the English speaking teachers performance appraisal and professional development projects to ensure the accomplishment of academic and linguistic standards.
PGCE in education
3 years of experience coordinating language department or key stage team
Native or bilingual level of English
Great communication and leadership skills
Full time and fixed contract position starting in September 2018
Chance to work and develop professional career in a prestigious, catholic and bilingual school
Free daily breakfast and lunch
Education for employees’ children free of academic fees