OXFORD SCHOOL OF ENGLISH is a well-recognised language school in Madrid that through the years has gained the respect of students and teachers alike for our sincere commitment to teaching. The small team of staff create a welcoming environment where teamwork is encouraged with the sharing of ideas, strategies and projects. The management, always supportive, offer the teachers help not only in academic matters but also with more day to day issues (accommodation, Spanish ID, etc.)
Candidates should be native English teachers with a recognised TEFL qualification and university degree. A year teaching experience at least is necessary. All applicants must be European citizens or hold a valid European work permit and have an International Child Protection Certificate. Face-to-face interviews are preferred in all cases.
* Preparing and delivering classes.
* Attending monthly meetings.
* Reviewing and amending end of term exams. (Exam papers supplied by the school)
* Correction of exams and students’ written work.
* Writing of mid-term and end-of-term reports.
* Small groups (10-12 students)
* Students are grouped according to level and age.
* All students and teachers have their own books.
* Ages range from 3 years old.
* Levels from Beginner to Proficiency.
* Preparation for external examinations: Cambridge KET, PET, FCE, CAE & CPE; APTIS and TOEIC®
* Classes taught on premises. (No travelling)
* Legal contract according to Spanish law.
* 9-month contract from 1st October to 30th June
* 16-20 hours a week. Block hours. All weekends free.
* Holidays depend on the Spanish official school calendar and local bank holidays.
* As well as Christmas, Easter and the national and local bank holidays, teachers are entitled to a few days holidays which will be paid on the termination of contract.
* Wage according to experience. Minimum wage 1040,00 gross for 20 hours. Taxes and Social Security deducted according to Spanish Law.
Note: The school will contact candidates from 9th September onwards.