Director of Studies
• Director of Studies leading an experienced and enthusiastic team.
• Working alongside the owner and director.
• Full-time position.
• 25 holidays per year.
• Salary depending on experience.
• To start on 4 November 2019 (later start dates can be negotiated if necessary).
• Giving academic inputs and observing teaching practices.
• Assignment grading.
• Creating timetables for all staff and students, as well as instructing team on inputs/distribution of duties.
• Day-to-day management of a small team.
• Management administration tasks.
• Management of the advanced TEFL and diploma online platforms.
• Taking responsibility for the running of the course and the training facilities.
• Regular team meetings, allowing time for mentoring of staff members and managing any issues that may arise, including supervising inputs.
• Offering appropriate support to any trainee that may be finding the course challenging, regularly checking in on the evolution of such situations.
• Streamlining communication between the PED team and directors/other departments.
• Maintaining the high academic standards and standards of care that make our course and program truly unique.
• Constant drive to think of ways to make the course more eco-friendly and generally a smoother process for the trainees.
• Acting on student feedback and dedicating time to graduates' questions and queries. This includes pastoral care and recommendations/references.
• Maintaining a good relationship academies/agencies.
• Liaising with external moderators and our accrediting body to ensure the high-quality of the course is maintained.
• Educated to University level.
• Have, or be willing to work towards, a Master's degree.
• Minimum 5 years' teaching experience.
• 1-3 years' experience as director of studies.
• Native or native-like level of English.
• B1+ Spanish is a plus.
• Comfortable managing people and dealing with a high-pressured environment.
If you feel that you would be perfect for this role and are passionate about what we do at TtMadrid, please send your CV and cover letter in English letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org