TRANSLATOR: ENGLISH TO FRENCH (BILINGUAL FRENCH/ENGLISH)
Global Alumni is a company in the education and e-learning sector. We are a multidisciplinary team who are dedicated to the management of postgraduate programs from some of the best universities in the world (executive education, masters, certificates, etc.).
We are looking for Translators (from English to French), with a native-speaker level of French and bilingual in English, to work face-to-face at our offices in Madrid, with the main role of carrying out the translation of texts for the American universities we work with. In addition to this, we are looking for individuals who can manage deadlines and deliveries, all of this while providing support to various teams and departments. Also, sometimes, there will be some translations from Spanish to French to carry out.
• Translation of educational, academic and technical content (mainly from English to French, but sometimes also Spanish to French)
• Cultural adaptation of the content.
• Academic and postgraduate training content writing.
• Reviewing and optimization of translations to French.
• Collaboration in editing, proofreading and quality control of written content.
• Coordination with other teams in a transversal manner.
• Support to the Content Creation Department.
• Reports to the Head of Department.
• Provide alternative solutions by bringing new ideas.
• Excellent translation and cultural adaptation skills.
• Knowledge of technical and technological language in English and French.
• Good knowledge of French culture.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Efficient in resource allocation.
• Work under pressure.
• Proactive attitude.
• Ability to adapt to changes.
• Solve. Propose. Do.
Training and Experience:
• Degree in Translation and Interpretation, French or similar (e.g., Humanities degrees).
• Essential: Native level of French.
• Essential: Advanced level of English (C2)
• At least an upper-intermediate level in Spanish (B2)
• At least 2 years’ experience in translation.
What software do we use?
Translation software (Trados/Memsource).
What do we offer at Global Alumni?
• Form part of a dynamic and growing team.
• Projected professional growth.
• American culture.
• Availability: immediately.
• Salary band according to experience and skills.
• Location: Méndez Álvaro (Madrid) (it is not a remote position)