EFL Teacher Required in Marbella for January 2022
If you are looking for a change of scene and want live by the sea read on:
Due to high demand for courses this academic year we are currently looking to recruit one more enthusiastic EFL Teacher to start next term. Experience with teaching General English and Cambridge exam classes to young learners, teenagers and adults is necessary. The position is for a native-level speaking English teacher with CELTA or equivalent, preferably a degree, and 1 year experience.
Competitive salary: 1400 euros NET + nine month contract. (Summer school in July optional)
Details of Position
"ADVANCE Language School" is situated in Marbella, Andalucia in Southern Spain. Being one of the leading schools in the area, we have an excellent reputation for offering a high standard of language education and are continually striving to achieve the best possible results. "ADVANCE Language school" is also a Cambridge and Trinity exam centre and our learners take their official exams at our school.
The teaching will be made up of 60% young learners/teenagers classes and 40% adult classes. The majority of our students prepare for the Cambridge exams starting at 7 years old with "Starters, Movers and Flyers" and go on to take other Cambridge Main Suite exams at A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 levels. Therefore, experience with Cambridge Exams is necessary.
The main duties include:
- Prepare and plan classes incorporating a communicative approach to teaching.
- Teach 24 hours per week at a variety of levels from beginner through to upper intermediate/advanced levels.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development training sessions.
Teachers at ADVANCE Language School can take advantage of:
- professional training sessions
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional teachers.
- formal and peer observations.
- Qualifications: CELTA or TESOL
- 1 year teaching experience + some online teaching experience
- Experience with Young Learners and Cambridge exams valued.
- EU national/valid work permit or TIE
- University degree is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Spanish to B1 level is an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary of 1400 euros NET
- All local and national holidays paid including 10 days at Christmas and 5 days at Easter.
- 9 month renewable contract with possibility of working in summer school in July.
- Social Security paid.
- Help finding accommodation and getting residency documents.