King's College School is seeking to appoint an inspiring, committed and passionate nurse to work alongside teaching staff and parents to promote and help safe-guard the health of school-aged children; and to offer support to members of staff in the care of our pupils.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Adheres to all school policies, in particular those related to safeguarding, health and safety and confidentiality
· Deals professionally and compassionately with all accidents or minor incidents that take place during the school day
· If necessary, accompanies pupils / staff to hospital or health centre with the permission of a member of the College SLT
· Notifies parents courteously and calmly of any serious incidents requiring your attention
· Keeps accurate records on iSAMS of all incidents and treatment given to pupils and staff and make these available to the College SLT and Inspectorate
· Supports and contributes to the PSHE programme in school as requested
· Notifies the Heads of School and the Headteacher of any serious incidents either by telephone or in person and records it on the appropriate system
· Monitors and controls pupils with chronic diseases and keep staff informed of any special requirements; liaising directly with parents
· At the written request of parents only, administers medication as required during the school day and keeps appropriate and compliant records of this
· Supports with the first aid and health and safety requirements
during our July summer school.
· Monitors and oversees pupils with special dietary needs and keeps the kitchen staff informed of such requirements
· Assists in the dining hall (when appropriate) at Infant and Primary lunch times, encouraging healthy and balanced diet and etiquette.
· Maintains and secures an adequate stock of medical equipment and medication
· Ensures that the medical room is kept in good order at all times and that the privacy of pupils is maintained.
· Controls any outbreaks of contagious diseases, including head lice, and informs/advises parents immediately
· Informs and liaises with Health Authorities regarding any outbreaks of infectious diseases among pupils. Provides guidance for parents and staff as required.
· Provides an appropriate First Aid kit and general medical/dietary advice for teachers on school trips
· Manages the replenishment of First Aid kits around the school