PART-TIME ENGLISH TEACHER [CUENCA, CASTILE - LA MANCHA]
We are looking for a bilingual or native part-time EFL Teacher for sixth graders, secondary and high school students, and adults.
• About our centre: Founded in October 2020, AVI Institute is a learning organisation aiming to empower learners by teaching English as a foreign language and developing different life skills.
Our lessons and courses follow the Communicative Approach [CA] or Communicative Language Teaching [CLT] method, which mainly focuses on interaction to enable learners to communicate naturally with other target language users. We offer different courses to learners aged four through to adults, ranging in level from Pre-A1 to C2.
To that end, we conduct student-centred activities such as interviews, simulation games [role plays], information exchanges, and oral presentations, among others. We intend to recreate the daily reality of a target language user in diverse cultural contexts, incorporating all receptive and productive skills, prioritising the latter.
Lastly, the role of our teaching staff is to create the optimal conditions that enable our students to learn through participation, thinking autonomously and gaining the necessary confidence and skills to achieve their goals.
• Essential requirement: Ofqual level 5 or equivalent initial teaching qualification [CELTA, Trinity TESOL, etc.]
• Job description: The teacher will deliver an average of 12 contact [in-class] hours per week, dedicating an additional 4 hours per week to lesson planning, grading, and other teaching-related tasks. Such services will be provided Monday to Thursday, from 16:00 to 20:00. The role involves planning and imparting effective and engaging English lessons to the centre's students, most of whom will be intermediate to higher-level learners preparing for Cambridge Assessment English exams or similar qualifications. The learners' progress will be periodically recorded and reported.
Note: The number of contact hours may increase subject to the teacher's approval.
• Term of the agreement: From 7th September 2022 until mid-June 2023 – with nearly identical lengths in the following years.
• Gross wage offered: to be discussed in an interview.
• Contract type: a part-time, temporary contract, which may - in due course - become a discontinuous fixed contract [fijo discontinuo]. The contract is fully compliant with the law and the currently effective 'Collective Agreement on Educational and Non-formal Training'.