Kids Teacher - 1225/month - 22 hrs Mon-Thurs - 12m contract
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced teacher to work with us in Pinto, Madrid!
16.5 hours in-class, 5.5 hours of paid planning and prep (22 hours per week total, Monday - Thursday)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced teacher to work with kids from 1-11 years. The successful candidate should be familiar with the Project/Task-Based Learning approach and have experience with teaching through games, tasks and songs.
Were looking for a career teacher to add to our project, someone with both the training to know how to implement best practice and also the real-life experience to know what works in the classroom. The ideal candidate should have a passion for languages, learning and working with young learners, and must have an enthusiasm for trying novel ways of teaching.
The position entails:
- Planning innovative, exciting project-based lesson plans
- Delivering dynamic, engaging classes to groups of 6-8 students
- Along with the academy director and fellow teachers, developing our kids syllabus based on communicative learning goals
- In the summer months, helping us run our summer camps and planning upcoming year.
- Holding parent-teacher meetings in December and June
- The vacancy is for 22 hours. As young, rapidly-growing academy, it's our intention to offer, in time, a full-time contract to the successful candidate
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have 5+ years teaching experience
- Must be a native level English speaker
- Must have TEFL or TESOL qualification
- Must have experience with very young learners (from 1 to 3 years)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to foster relationships with the children and their families
- Professional and passionate about teaching and learning languages
- Ability to work in a team
- Technology savvy - able to use digital resources to deliver fun, engaging lessons
- Must have full eligibility to live and work in Spain
SALARY AND CONDITIONS:
€1,225 gross per month
- All positions start with a 12-month contract from September-August. Teachers are paid for each of the 12 months. All entitled holidays (including August) are paid.
- We recognise that planning and preparation is a key part of teaching, Therefore, planning, report writing, parent-teacher meetings etc. are included within the work schedule and are paid at the same rate as teaching hours.
Breandán Mac Ardghail
Director, Elite English Academy