Summer Teacher at Bayswater Summer
Working with Bayswater Summer is a fantastic opportunity to gain more teaching experience while working from specifically tailored materials. With support from a experienced and qualified Director of Studies in a fun, dynamic environment, this is the ideal opportunity to add skills to your professional development and have an enjoyable summer at the same time!
Most of our positions are non-residential, but we do have a few residential positions available so if you are interested then please let us know.
Lesson times are 09:00-17:00 totalling 30 hours in a full week.
We currently have vacancies at the following centres:
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)---- 3rd July to 13th August
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)--- 3rd July to 13th August
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)--- 3rd July to 6th August
Key duties & responsibilities
- Attending training prior to employment (paid)
- Providing quality language teaching to young learners at a variety of levels
- Familiarising yourself with Bayswater materials and preparation of lessons
- Assisting the Director of Studies with administrative work (registers, certificates etc.)
- Carrying out the schools safeguarding policy and maintaining a friendly but professional manner
at all times
Essential Qualifications and Qualities
An undergraduate/university degree
A CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL or a PGCE (certain other qualifications will be accepted provided they meet specific requirements).
A passion for teaching and inspiring students
Desirable Qualifications and Qualities
Previous summer school experience
Experience teaching/working with young learners
DELTA or Trinity Diploma
Eligibility to work in the UK
Enhanced DBS Disclosure
Salary and Benefits
-Between £405.20 - £532.50 per week based on a 30 hour teaching week.
- You are entitled to statutory holiday entitlement of 5.6 weeks holiday pro rata.
-A strong commitment to providing you with in-service support, training and professional development sessions
-Professional premises and in-house materials created specifically for our summer schools
*There will be a deduction of £63.70 to cover accommodation if you take a residential position