Secondary teacher of Science (Biology + Chemistry)
Kensington School is seeking to appoint a Secondary teacher of Science to join us on a permanent basis in August 2022.
Kensington School is a successful British School in Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid with around 1250 pupils aged 3-18 following the English National Curriculum, and also offering a higher level Spanish education to university entrance..The school has excellent teaching facilities, friendly, hardworking and supportive colleagues and enthusiastic, high-achieving pupils.
The Science department consists of a talented and well-organised team of 3 teachers. We offer a general Science course in Years 7-9, and Pearson IGCSE individual Science courses in Year 10 and 11. The ideal candidate would have qualifications and interest in teaching Biology.
The role is to teach Science in Year 7-9 with IGCSE teaching available for the right candidate. The school is looking to offer the International Baccalaureate from September 2023.
Applicants must have an entitlement to live and work in the European Union.
For details about the school, please visit our website (http://www.kensington-school.es).
• A dynamic and pro-active teacher, preferably with independent
sector or international experience
• Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
• Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum
and recent developments
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Pastoral responsibility or experience would be an advantage
• Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
• The ability to offer Year 7-9 Maths as a second subject would
be an advantage.